Friday, February 20, 2009

Greater Things

Ok, so we all get confused and need direction in some way and in one way or the other. I am a follower of Christ, albeit better at it sometimes than other times. I have been struggling with a difficult decision that will have an enourmous effect on our family. Those effects are supposed to be positive, but the potential negative effects and the risk involved is what scares me and has become the main focus of this decision.

After going at in my own way, internallizing and dwelling on the potential impacts I came to the conclusion that I needed to seek guidance. I got in my car this morning and started thinking about who to seek, I prayed and asked God to not only help me with the decision, but to give me something to give me peace.

Well this afternoon, I logged onto my computer, I guess I had left the KLOVE website up on my computer from earlier in the morning. A song started to play, it was called "God of this City". A song that I had never heard before. Not paying it any attention I was contining living through the thoughts in my head when the chorus started to play, it was talking about the greater things that are yet to be done, and that greater things are still to be done in this city.

You see God is the ruler of my city, though he should be the mayor, I often religate him to a positon outside of city hall, because a lot of things I can do on my own. How wrong I am!!! I prayerfully asked for guidance and Peace, and God has provided me both, with the knowledge of respected source and a song that drove home what I needed to hear.

Updates later on the decision.......Until then, I will pray for you all, will you pray for us???

No comments: