Saturday, February 21, 2009

Tic Tac Won Do

I have written a few times about my passion for Krav Maga, the fighting and self defense that I have been practicing for the last couple of years. I am still doing it and have enjoyed training with my brother the last few months.

Well the time has come to get Tommy involved. For as long as I have been training he has wanted to be involved. Before and after I leave the house to train, Tommy will want to play Krav Maga with me. He swings and kicks, falls down, pretty funny stuff. Well now he is old enough or advanced enough to be able to take tiny tigers Taekwondo.

Our gym is moving so this evening we were in the vicinity of the new location so we stopped by to see the progress. I spoke with the GM Ryan and he made the determination that Tommy was ready to begin training himself. He got his uniform as well as his first assignment to do 3 Good deeds to receive his white belt.

He was sooooo excited when we got in the car it was all he could talk about on the way home. Tic Tac Won Do, is what he kept calling it. Annette and I were once again reminded of how precious these times are. I look forward for Tommy and eventually Aaron learning the skills to protect themselves as well as the self control aspects of the martial arts. Congrats Tommy Bob!!!

No comments: